1. Always be sure to handle your accessories with care. Avoid dropping on the ground, rough housing, or dragging across hard surfaces. Be sure to remove accessories from your hose before winding your hose onto a hose reel. This will prolong your accessory's lifespan and help to avoid accidental damage to internal or external components.
2. Make sure the washer is firmly in place in the coupling of your accessory, before attaching the hose or to the faucet. Washers are designed to prevent leaking during use. Filter Washers have a built-in screen that's designed to trap debris that may be in your hose before it accidentally may become lodged inside.
3. Never leave accessories under pressure when not in use. Most accessories are not designed to be used under static pressure without water flow for extended periods of time.
4. It's best to remove accessories from your hose when not in use. Doing so at least a few times throughout the season will avoid any potential fusion of metal threads that may happen with certain hoses or accessories.
5. Always detach, completely drain of water, and store your watering accessories indoors before and during any freezing weather.
6. Only use watering accessories outdoors, with cold water, attached to a standard garden hose, and with water pressure less than 80 PSI, unless otherwise noted for the specific product you are using.
7. When not using your accessories, safely store them inside a cool, sheltered area - such as the garage or shed. This will remove the accessories from the elements, such as direct sunlight, and harsh weather, prolonging its lifespan.