50 ft. Coil Hose with Thumb Control 8-Pattern Mini Water Wand
- ● Compact design extends to a full length garden hose and springs back when not in use
- ● Includes (1) Thumb Control 8-Pattern Mini Water Wand
- ● Kink Shield Technology resists kinking during use
- Product Overview
- Features & Benefits
The Ray Padula 50 ft. coil garden hose with 8-pattern Thumb Control mini water wand is the perfect hose for any job. The unique coil design easily expands and stretches to a full 50 ft. length, while retracting back up into a small coil when finished. This hose is great for watering the flowers, washing the car, cleaning the yard, and with its small, compact design is even a great option for use on boats and RV's. The durable swivel couplings attach to any standard hose faucet and hose accessories such as Ray Padula nozzles. Best of all, this hose includes an 8-pattern thumb control mini water wand – great for watering and outdoor cleaning, while Water Guard technology ensures a leak free operation. 50 ft. length.
Unique, compact design
easily stretches to a full length garden hose!
Automatically springs back into a compact coil
when not in use – great for easy storage
Great for many tasks around the yard
such as watering, washing the car, outdoor cleaning and more
Water Guard Technology
for a leak free operation every time. No wasteful watering!
Kink Shield Technology
prevents kinking and twisting of your hose during use
Includes a thumb control mini water wand
great for many tasks around the yard
Swivel female coupling
for easy attachment to any faucet
Durable plastic couplings
Super light-weight design
weighs less than 50% of traditional hoses – easy to carry and store
All weather flexible
in temperatures as low as 35 deg. F.
Product Width (in.)
Product Height (in.)
Product Depth (in.)
Product Weight (lbs.)
Hose Length (ft.)
Hose Diameter (in.)
Hose Coupling Material
Hose Coupling Type
Crush Proof Coupling
No. of Ply
Burst Pressure (PSI)
Hot Water Use
Drinking Water Safe
Expands and Contracts
CA Residents – Prop 65 Warning(s)
Warranty / Refunds
Model Number Notes
Some items may have more than one model number. Different model number prefixes are used based on where an item is sold to distinguish different packaging, colors, or regions for in-store retailers. Product, specs, and features are the same.
Follow these product instructions and care tips for the best use of your Ray Padula Coil Hose. Have any other questions? Feel free to give us a call at 1-866-446-2063, or email email@example.com. We're standing by and ready to help!
- Make sure the washer is firmly in place inside the female coupling, and then attached your hose to the faucet. The washer must be firmly in place before attaching to the faucet to prevent leaks.
- Attach your hose to the faucet, and then attach a hose nozzle.
- Lightly pull the hose as you water to gently stretch to a full length hose.
- When finished watering, turn off water flow, release any water with a nozzle, and walk the hose back into its original compact coil.
- Never leave your hose pressurized while un-attended.
- Remove your hose from the faucet, completely drain of water, and store indoors before and during freezing weather.
- If hanging your hose, make sure to store your hose in a large loop, such as on a hose hanger. Avoid hanging your hose on a nail, screw or rod, which forces all hanging pressure to a central spot on your hose. This may cause kinks and weak points to develop.
- To ensure a leak-free operation, be sure the washer is firmly in place inside the female coupling. If you notice wear or tear on the washer, it can be removed and replaced for a leak free seal every time.
- Be sure to release water pressure when finished watering with a nozzle, especially before coiling your hose. Coiling your hose under pressure may cause tears, weak spots or punctures.
- Keep your hose in the shade whenever possible, especially in hot summer months. Water left in your hose in direct sunlight has the potential to expand, potentially damaging the hose.
- Never use your coil hose with hot water.
Garden with Confidence Guarantee
At Ray Padula, our goal is to provide world-class, quality, innovative, enjoyable products designed to help you grow your backyard masterpiece. We hope that you will never experience a problem with our products. We consistently test products during production, after production, and even after they're shipped to ensure our high quality standards. But even then, we understand that the outdoors and garden can be a harsh environment with many different variables that may diminish a product's lifespan.
All Ray Padula products carry an industry leading, excellent warranty. If there's ever a problem with our products, we're always standing by and ready to help resolve it as quickly as we can.
Submitting a Warranty Claim
To quickly and easily place a warranty claim 24/7, please visit the Warranty Center. You may also give us a call at 1-866-446-2063, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RAY PADULA WARRANTY DETAIL
Ray Padula products are warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for as long as the original consumer owns the product, for the length of time noted on each individual item's packaging, or the raypadula.com website. This warranty does not cover any damage that arises from normal wear and tear, color fading, or damage occurring due to misuse or negligent care. At Ray Padula Holdings' option, defective product will be repaired, replaced, or substituted with a product of equal value, free of charge. Ray Padula Holdings shall in no event, under any circumstances, be liable or responsible for any incidental or consequential damages in any form, that may arise from the use, or misuse, of our products. For warranty service, please complete, and submit the warranty claim form found at raypadula.com. You may also email us at email@example.com, or give us a call at 1-866-446-2063. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights, which may vary from state to state. Proof of purchase, and photo(s) clearly illustrating any product issue(s) described in your claim is required for all warranty processing.